Although social media websites provides a propelling platform for businesses to grow their brand reach and communicate with the target audience more directly, this whole process of marketing here is rather complex and tricky. After all why do you think so many people fail to implement their social media marketing strategies successfully? Or why so many people fail to have a definite marketing strategy in the first place?
Here we list six very common mistakes businesses, particularly the startups, often make and why they need to outsource a good social media agency in China and around the world.
1. Trying to be on every social media platform– Of course the common sense speaks that the more platforms you’re on, the higher will be the exposure of your brand. But there is another fact; if you’re not having effective communication with your audience even on one platform, or are not able to deliver the definite message of your brand- it’s all worthless.
2. Not distributing your time between platforms– Assumingly you chose 3 social media platforms (three is highly recommended), you don’t necessarily have to spend equal amount of time on each of them. Chances are one of it might be giving you better conversion than other two. So it is best you invest more of your time on platforms that offer better ROI than others.
3. Fake following– Brands, particularly the ones who are just starting on social media tends to buy fake followers. As flattering as it may look, this is ridiculous. Certainly ‘fake it till you make it’ might sound rowdy, appealing to some, it is absurd; absurd, at least with all the advertisement plans that Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and other giants offer these days. You could rather spend here and manage for a worthy following than buy the fake ones.
4. Not communicating with your audience– Many businesses often overlook the ‘social’ aspect of these social media websites. They either forget to engage with their audience or simply neglect it. Communicating with your potential customers is a very important part here. Communicate with them in groups or individually; this is how you build goodwill for your brand.
5. Over-sharing or under-sharing– Back in the days, when you share posts or how many posts you share had less relevance, but not today. Today best social media agency in China and around is very critical of when and how many posts they share. When the posts are more likely to get noticed, how many posts in a series it will take to get the attention of the audience- it all plays a very important role in conversion rate and ROI.
6. Posting irrelevant things– If your brand relates fashion niche, and you are posting often about the dimming GDP of China, even out of your sheer concern, you’re only going to put off your audience; maybe even annoy them. Of course this is a very broad example. Point is, never post anything that your audience is not following you for.
These are the six very common mistakes that brands often fall for when making or implementing their social media marketing strategy. These mistakes are avoidable, but for optimum result, it is always recommended to go for any experienced and renowned China social media agency.